This book presents a program to help you build a foundation for your healing.
Individual - Self-actualization
Mental wellness is an active life-long process of making choices in order to reach your potential and live your life to its fullest. It is a conscious pursuit of spiritual growth, life purpose, and self-actualization.
Self-actualization is the highest level of psychological development that can be achieved after your basic needs (as described in Maslow’s hierarchy of human needs) are met. Maslow considers self-actualization as the pinnacle of psychological health—reaching your potential. You reach this level of growth by becoming the best you.
Self-actualization, as Maslow describes it, is the discovery of the true (authentic) self, development of existing or latent potential, and achieving mental wellness‒‒the pinnacle of psychological health. It is attained by those who are motivated by the desire to grow and find meaning in life, rather than by insecurities and an attempt to fit in. Maslow believed that only two percent of the population could be self-actualizing.
The coaching program helps you become self-actualized. You will be able to:
- Get to know yourself better in order to identify what holds you back to become the best you.
- Be able to fully exploit your talents and capacities to fulfill your potential;
- Be nurtured and encouraged on your path to find your purpose and meaning and fuel the passion to achieve them;
- Effective stress-management and relaxation techniques that play a strong role in your personal growth including deep breathing, meditation, mindful-living, exercise, listening to, or playing music, and proper diet;
- Spirituality in a clear, meaningful way that will help you reach your human potential and become the best and happiest you;
- Realize the effect of spirituality on your physical and mental health, and the way it contributes to your happiness and life satisfaction;
- Discover the wonderful person you are, with a deepened awareness of your true identity and a desire to return to your authentic self;
- Identify and honor your values in your thoughts, words, and actions, forming a solid foundation that will direct you to lasting happiness and a fulfilling life;
- Identify your unique personal talents, gifts, and experience, which will guide you on your own path;
- Tap into your intuitive wisdom; Be able to accept yourself and respect the uniqueness of others;
- Have peace of mind and improves your physical and mental health, self-esteem, and self-worth;
- Get rid of qualities that hinder your growth, refine your character and prepare yourself to lead a more purposeful life;
- Recover your authentic self;
- Identify your blind spots, be accountable to your identified goals, and make your journey more enjoyable and your goals easier and faster to achieve;
- Be inspired to build a better life for yourself and for those around you;
- Develop your spiritual skills, such as acceptance, surrender, kindness, love, service, gratitude, forgiveness, and humility to bring peace and harmony into your life, enhancing your ability to cope with life’s difficulties, and helping you to reach your fullest potential;
- Change your perception of the world and find joy in living simply, as well as in giving your time and money to charitable causes; Become more secure and at peace with yourself and the world, despite any difficulties you may face;
- Discover your life purpose and live authentically, sharing who you are and what you have;
- Understand the effect of our collective beliefs and the impact of consumerism on the health of the society;
- Be able to apply you spiritual skills in daily life, outlining a systematic method by which you can manage your issues and address life’s difficulties, identifying what you can change and what you have to accept;
- Examine your life events that have been causing you pain since childhood and turn them into opportunities; and
- Live in the present and avoid worrying about the future or ruminating about the past;
For more information, please call Dr. Rayes in confidence at 604-630-6865. The first telephone call is free of charge to determine whether you are at a stage where coaching will be of help to you.